Slam Poetry – A poetic contest where all are invited
Taking place on Friday September 2nd at 8.00 pm at the Art Cafe as part of “The Power of Poetry / Poetics” stream at the 8th Art of Management and Organisation Conference, Bled School of Management, Slovenia, September 1st – 4th, 2016
All poets unite
It goes for experienced, secret, hidden, and aspiring poets alike.
Go public with your poetry and you might become “Art of Management & Organization Poetry Slam Champion 2016”
The poetry slam at the Bled conference goes in two rounds. So what you need and are encouraged to do is to prepare poetry pieces for these two rounds (one for each round)
- It has to be your own poetry.
- You have to read it aloud as part of the competition.
- Each poetry performance must last no longer than three minutes
Keep that in mind when preparing your two three minutes pieces of poetry.
The poetry slam event is open to all participants of the Art of Management and Organisation conference 2016 both as contesters for the title and as part of the active audience in the poetry slam event.
The audience plays a crucial part in deciding, who becomes the fifth “Art of Management Poetry Slam Champion” in the history of the conference. Although there is a winner the Olympic motto applies to this contest: “It is not winning but participating that matters.”
How to join the slam poetry event
– If you are to be part of the audience just be there and be fair.
– If you are to join the competition and try to win the title:
– Either by sending an e-mail to Per Darmer: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Or by finding Per Darmer at the conference and tell him that you will be a participating poet at the slam poetry event. You can do that until right before the slam takes place 8.00 pm at the Art Cafe or until the slam is fully booked. So if you hurry you will have no cause to worry.